It can be hard to accept yourself as is, but you can make it happen with a little help from body-positive quotes. With self-acceptance, you can be more confident and surer of yourself. You will feel better both inside and out, and you will know your value and self-worth.
Everyone looks different, but that is a beautiful thing. It makes you unique, and the different things about you are what make you special. Without those qualities, you wouldn’t be who you are.
20 Body Positive Quotes to Help You Accept Yourself as Is
Learn to love yourself and accept yourself as you are right now. If you find yourself struggling, these body-positive quotes can help.
1. “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like.” – Emma Watson
The way you look doesn’t determine if you are beautiful. Your thoughts and feelings about yourself are what will make you feel your true beauty. Learn to accept yourself and love your body and appearance just the way it is right now.
2. “How I feel about myself is more important than how I look. Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin — that’s what really makes you beautiful.” – Bobbi Brown
If you feel good about yourself, you will be confident and comfortable even with your flaws. Acknowledge that everyone looks different and that everyone has imperfections. Then, choose to see your beauty regardless of anything else.
3. “If we make self-love or body acceptance conditional, the truth is, we will never be happy with ourselves. The reality is that our bodies are constantly changing, and they will never remain exactly the same. If we base our self-worth on something as ever-changing as our bodies, we will forever be on the emotional roller coaster of body obsession and shame.” – Chrissy King
You can’t dread body changes, or you will begin to hate your body all of the time. Your body is constantly changing, so you must learn to love it in all of the stages. If you can accept yourself as is, you will handle these changes with grace.
4. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don’t ever change who you are to please others. Be yourself no matter what, and you will love the person that you are. Accepting yourself is easier when you are true to yourself.
5. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise L. Hay
Self-criticism won’t get you anywhere, as past instances have likely already proven to you. If that type of behavior doesn’t work, then there is no reason to do it, and it’ll only bring you down more. Instead, turn those negative self-thoughts into approving thoughts, and you will notice a difference.
6. “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep
Don’t view your unique characteristics as flaws. Instead, recognize them as what sets you apart from the crowd. Those things will make you memorable, so anything that makes you different is a strength.
7. “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you,’ if you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.” – Ashley Graham
Saying positive things to yourself can completely change your mindset. It will help you accept yourself just as you are, and you will notice the difference quickly.
8. “To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” – Kurt Cobain
You are the person you are supposed to be, which means you are unique and special. There will be differences between you and everyone around you, but that is okay. Embrace what makes you the person you are instead of wasting your precious time wishing for something else.
9. “You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won’t discover this until you are willing to stop banging your head against the wall of shaming and caging and fearing yourself.” – Geneen Roth
Don’t shame yourself or hold yourself back with this type of negative thinking. You are valuable and worthy, and you are not a problem. Remember these words from Roth to help you accept yourself.
10. “I’ve made peace with the fact that the things that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them.” – Sandra Bullock
Oftentimes, the things you dislike most about yourself are the things that make you special. Don’t do this to yourself because everyone is unique, including you. You aren’t the same as anyone else, but that doesn’t mean your differences are weaknesses.
11. “Shine a great light on your most amazing qualities. We tend to focus on the negative aspects of us and forget all the greatness that we have within.” – Harnaam Kaur
Don’t focus on the aspects of yourself that you feel are imperfect. Instead, focus on all the great things about yourself to highlight the wonderful person that you are.
12. “By speaking of ourselves in a positive and affirmative fashion and finding ways to eradicate self-hate, we can foster a sense of love and compassion powerful enough to restructure our society’s entire perspective of ‘body love.’” – Jessamyn Stanley
If you find yourself thinking negatively about yourself, remember this body-positive quote. It will remind you to love yourself and show yourself compassion. In turn, you can accept yourself as you are right now.
13. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
By being yourself, you are truly accepting yourself. Accepting yourself and staying true to yourself makes body positivity easier. Then, you can feel good knowing that the only opinion of you that matters is yours.
14. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters — on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.” – Michelle Obama
Weighing yourself or going down in pants sizes won’t ensure that you are healthy, as Obama explains. Health goes beyond the way you look because it depends on how you feel mentally and how you feel about yourself.
15. “No amount of self-improvement can make up for any lack of self-acceptance.” – Robert Holden
You can fix all of the things you think are wrong with you, and you still might not love the way you look. That’s because self-acceptance depends only on your mindset and the way you feel about yourself. Learn to love yourself and the way you are right now, and everything else will work out.
16. “When we’re awake in our bodies and sense, the world comes alive. Wisdom, creativity, and love are discovered as we relax and awaken through our bodies.” – Tara Brach
By accepting yourself as you are right now, you allow the world to come alive, as Brach explains. Allow your wisdom, creativity, and love to flow through you in this way.
17. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.” – Serena Williams
This body-positive quote can work for anyone, not just for girls. When you look different, it can be hard to accept. Everyone looks different, though, and it is a good thing because it makes you the person you are.
18. “It’s also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that’s sitting right here right now…with its aches and its pleasures…is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.” – Pema Chodron
Your body is what gives you the life that you have now. It holds you up, makes you feel alive, and lets you be awake. Without your body, these things wouldn’t happen, so make sure to appreciate the body you have been given.
19. “Being unkind to your body in any given moment won’t change your body in that moment. It will change the way you feel about being in your body. You can interact with your body differently. You can choose your body back. Regardless of how easy or difficult it is to live there.” – Anna Sweeney
When you are unkind to your body, all that it does is make you feel worse. Instead, try being kind to your body and thinking good thoughts about yourself. You can choose to love yourself and accept your body as it is right now.
20. “Everybody has a part of her body that she doesn’t like, but I’ve stopped complaining about mine because I don’t want to critique nature’s handiwork…My job is simply to allow the light to shine out of the masterpiece.” – Alfre Woodard
Everyone has insecurities, but those are things that were meant to be a part of you. Nature intended for you to be just as you are, so accept it and let the light shine through.
Final Thought on Reading Body Positive Quotes to Help You Accept Yourself Just As You Are
As you go through your life, don’t let negative self-talk bring you down. Body negativity won’t help you feel better, and it won’t change the way you look, either, as these body-positive quotes explain.
Instead, learn to accept yourself as you are right now because your unique qualities are what make you special. With self-love, you won’t stress about the way you look because you have already accepted yourself. If you find yourself struggling, recall your favorite body-positive quotes that you read here.
Originally Published: www.powerofpositivity.com