There will be times in your life when you feel like you need an emotional cleanse. When you face problems or struggle emotionally, it can be hard to overcome. However, no matter what happens in life, you can cleanse yourself emotionally.
You can’t control experiencing setbacks and obstacles, but you can face them positively. As you deal with uncomfortable or undesirable situations, you’ll notice healing taking place.
Shifting your mindset can help you remember that every situation is temporary. With perseverance and strength, you can get through anything that comes your way. There will be times when you struggle, but these quotes can help you when you need an emotional cleanse.
Twenty Quotes to Read When You Need an Emotional Cleanse
Do you need to let go of sadness or anger? Read these quotes to help let go.
1. “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you — all of the expectations, all of the beliefs — and becoming who you are.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
When you need an emotional cleanse, the best thing to do is let go of the things that don’t serve you. Release the expectations of others, and focus on following the things you believe in. If you can do this, you’ll release some of the negative energy within.
2. “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
Your soul knows what needs to happen, so find ways to silence the negative thoughts in your mind. You can distract yourself by doing something productive, or you can try meditation. Whatever you choose to do to silence your mind, make sure you’re doing it positively.
3. “The most important conversation is the conversation you have with yourself each day.” – James Clear
Your inner thoughts play a massive role in your life. If your thoughts are negative, you’ll struggle emotionally. Focus on your internal dialogue and make sure your conversation is positive and beneficial.
4. “Each time you meet an old emotional pattern with presence, your awakening to truth can deepen. There’s less identification with the self in the story and more ability to rest in the awareness that is witnessing what’s happening. You become more able to abide in compassion, to remember and trust your true home. Rather than cycling repetitively through old conditioning, you are actually spiraling toward freedom.” – Tara Brach
Acknowledge your emotional patterns and admit that they are issues in your life. If you try to ignore your emotional patterns and pretend everything is fine, the situation only worsens. When you identify the problems, you become more aware of how they affect your life.
Then, with awareness and presence, you can focus on positive aspects of your life. Emotional cleansing is often about recognizing and paying attention to your old habits.
5. “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
When you need an emotional cleanse, turn to your friendships and the people that you love. With supportive people in your life, you’re sure to feel better. They’ll help you overcome your struggles while reminding you of how loved you are.
6. “Your pain needs to be recognized and acknowledged. It needs to be acknowledged and then released. Avoiding pain is the same as denying it.” – Yong Kang Chan
When you want to heal, you must acknowledge the pain you are dealing with. With acknowledgment, you can release it and move forward. Denial will only hold you back, so don’t push your emotions away before you’ve dealt with them.
7. “We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.” – Marianne Williamson
If you constantly think about the past and dwell on how things happened, you can’t move forward emotionally. You must release the past and accept it for what it is. Then, you can live in the present and feel emotionally refreshed.
8. “When we accept and embrace our emotions as the way they are rather than what we wish them to be and discover that in the deepest darkest moments, we are okay – this is the true emotional healing. Emotional healing is when you face your worst fears only to realize you are okay. You have no control over what life throws at you, but you have control of how to relate to whatever comes your way.” – Susan Wenzel
If you can accept and embrace your emotions, you will experience emotional healing. As Wenzel explains, you must face your fears and accept whatever comes your way in life. While you can’t always help how you feel, you can control how you handle it and react.
9. “Each and every meditation practice brings internal emotional healing in one way or other.” – Purvi Raniga
Meditation is one of the best ways to experience emotional cleansing. It will help clear your thoughts and help you recenter yourself. You can shift your mindset through meditation, allowing you to move past the things holding you back.
10. “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
You already have everything it takes to cleanse yourself emotionally. As long as you have courage, which you do, you can overcome anything and refresh your mind. When things get hard, search within yourself to find the courage you need to face the situation.
11. “We’ve all been hurt in some way. Don’t think of the marks left behind as scars. View them as tattoos to wear with pride, reminders of your strength and growth.” – Karen Salmansohn
Everyone experiences hardship in life, but we also all handle it differently. If you can think of these experiences as opportunities for growth, you’ll benefit emotionally.
12. “The moment you start feeling whole and grateful is when your brain starts to begin healing.” – Joe Dispenza
Focus on the things in your life that you are grateful for. When you spend your time on things that make you feel fulfilled, you’ll experience healing and cleansing.
13. “By healing the parts of ourselves that are frozen in the past, we are able to bring them back into the present – and each time we do this we become less fragmented, and more whole.” – Jessica Moore
You can’t continue living in the past if you want to experience an emotional cleanse. Bring your thoughts to the present, and you’ll feel whole again.
14. “Self-forgiveness is essential to self-healing.” – Unknown
If your emotional troubles are related to guilt, you must work on forgiving yourself. With self-forgiveness, you can cleanse yourself emotionally and move forward.
15. “Laughter completely engages the body and releases the mind. It connects us to others, and that in itself has a healing effect.” – Marlo Thomas
When you need an emotional cleanse, find something to laugh about. You’ll feel connected to those around you, and you’ll experience healing in all areas of your life.
16. “As my sufferings mounted, I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation — either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
You can’t control everything that happens in your life, but you can control how you react. Choose to respond positively, and you’ll feel better overall.
17. “Healing does not mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.” – Akshay Dubey
You can’t change the things that have happened, but you can control how you let them interfere with your life. If you can stop letting the damage affect you, you’ll experience the emotional healing that you need.
18. “Stay positive, your body hears everything you think.” – Karen Gibbs
Negative thoughts will stop you from healing. When you realize negativity has crept in, replace those thoughts with something beneficial instead.
19. “Emotion is created by a cause, whether that cause is factual or imaginary does not matter, as longer as the believer holds it as true.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
If your thoughts are misleading you to believe negative things about yourself or your life, change your mindset. Tell yourself that those things aren’t true, and keep pushing forward toward your life goals.
20. “You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we’re not. We always have the power of our minds… Claim and consciously use your power.” – Louise Hay
No matter what happens, you can heal. Use your mind to overcome your situation and regain power over your emotions.
Twenty Quotes to Read When You Need an Emotional Cleanse
Life isn’t always easy, and there will be times when you struggle emotionally. When that happens, reading quotes can help you experience an emotional cleanse. Remember these quotes to help you through tricky times. You aren’t alone in your human journey, so follow the advice of those who have been there before.
Originally Published: www.powerofpositivity.com