The secret to a long life is good health, undoubtedly. While it may seem easy to say in shape and feel energetic all day long as youngsters, it may become a bit challenging to keep this up once you cross your first quarter. As per observations made by subject matter researchers and experts, it has been seen that the overall energy and vitality of youngsters are also on the decline due to an array of reasons. While some may be attributed to the difficulty in keeping up with the fast life of the city, others can be academic stress, mental health illnesses, and collective fatigue after a pandemic. For some, getting sick with Covid-19 has also altered their physical wellness. No matter what your reasons are if you feel like you’re on this boat, there is a way of regaining your longevity. Try out our expert-provided tips to see the change in yourself over a few months’ time!
1) Modulate your stress levels: Stress is not a silent killer, but the most obvious one. Your heart and nervous system can only take so much of it. If you feel overwhelmed and bogged down, take some unnecessary responsibilities off your plate and honor your health.
2) Get your hormonal levels tested: Prolonged stress and exposure to anxiety can lead to hormonal dysfunction in your body. If your fatigue accompanies a lack of motivation, you may need to get your testosterone levels checked. Since this hormone is present in both males and females, albeit in varying quantities, testosterone is responsible for the motivation center, muscle building, and bone density. For those with a diagnosed deficiency, getting in touch with a trusted testosterone therapy provider will help you remedy the issue. The process is easy and takes just a few weeks to show full results.
3) Exercise every day: Giving your body the space to stretch and strengthen itself on a daily basis is an investment. You may not see the results immediately, but you’ll reap the benefits of compounding effects. There are several types of workouts you can indulge in if you’d like to create some variety in your schedule. Or, if you’re looking for something gentle, you can take the time to learn meditation, yoga, tai chi, or other such artistic workouts.
4) Reduce alcohol and nicotine intake: If you asked us about the number one agents that caused human health problems, it would be alcohol and nicotine. Addiction to substances like these not only diminishes the quality of life but also shortens your lifespan. If you’re struggling with substance use or abuse and wish to turn your life around for the better, there is hope. Get in touch with your doctor to start you on the journey to going clean. This will also improve your mood, vigor, and outlook in life.
5) Optimize your sleep schedule: One of the biggest contributors to health irregularities is lack of sleep. In a world as competitive as the present, we’ve noticed how everyone gets less sleep or low-quality sleep due to the distractions and stressors that surround us. If you have irregular sleep timings, make sure to streamline them by reserving a particular duration for sleep. If sleep apnea, insomnia, or hypersomnia seem to be the issue, see a sleep therapist to help you further.
6) Eat to gain energy: Many of us indulge in unhealthy eating habits such as improper fasting, skipping meals, binge eating, and frequent snacking. As we age, our metabolism levels change and the body may not be able to process saturated fats and artificial sugar as well as it did before. This can lead to problems like pancreatic failure, diabetes, obesity, and kidney problems. The symptoms of all such issues are extreme fatigue, so if you feel tired all the time, check your eating habits. Switch your food contents to ingredients rich in nutrients to help your body get the nourishment it needs.
Once you take the time to discover the root cause of your health concerns, you’ll be able to easily integrate the tips mentioned above to find your prime again. Considering your present health condition and lifestyle choices, take the time to visit your physician and come up with a sound strategy to make the changes you need. With time, you will start to see a significant improvement, especially if you’re consistent in your efforts to live a better life. With this, we bid you good health. Until the next editorial, take good care of your body because this is the only home you’ll have!