How to Get Rid of Gnats. With the summer months approaching, Gnats began to emerge. When you wake up in the morning, you little remember that these pests have plundered everywhere. Or take your picnic events with a nice summer day dealing with these gnats. Many methods and electronic devices are sold to get rid of these pests. Did you know that you can produce a way to get rid of gnats?
If you see small flies in the kitchen or around closed plants, they are probably fruit flies or gnats. Fruit flies and gnats have many similarities with small fly species, as well as unique features. Fruit nets usually fly around vegetables and fruits. Gnats are usually seen in moist soil or compost piles. Mushroom gnats can be found near closed plants. These little flies, which are common throughout the summer season, can be found in homes, restaurants, grocery stores, and rotting and fermented food.
Here are 10 Fast and Natural Routes to Get Rid of Gnats and Fruit Fly
How to Get Rid of Gnats
While mosquito infestation can harm both ornamental plants and edible plants, fruit nectar can shorten the life of expensive, organic vegetables and fruits.
It can be very annoying to cope with the outbreak of fruit nuggets or gnats. Many people use toxic pesticides to get rid of these flies, but they can be harmful to health. Instead, you can try some natural solutions to get rid of them.
1. Apple Vinegar
Apple vinegar is a popular and effective home solution for getting rid of flies and mosquitos.
- Heat a half cup of apple class in a skillet to smell it.
- Pour the warm apple juice into a jar or similar container.
- Add a quantity of liquid dishwashing detergent (a few drops) and mix well. This will help you kill the nymphs.
- Cover the jar with nylon.
- Drill the cover of the jar with the help of a fork-tipped toothpick to make the flies enter the jar from the holes.
- Place the jar on one side of the mosquitos where the gnats are intense.
- When the jar is filled with dead flies, empty and refill inside.
If you do not have apple circles, you can use white vinegar.
2. Red Wine
Fruit nappies like red wine aroma, you can trap them with it. The red wine will definitely get your nuts drunk!
- Mix half a cup of red wine and half a cup of water.
- Pour the mixture into a small container.
- Then, wrap the top of the container tightly with plastic, then open a few holes.
- Place the cap where the fly is intense.
- The flies will come to this smell as soon as possible and they will go in and die.
- When the jar is filled with dead flies, pour in the inside and wash with warm soapy water.
You can even do this by leaving a little red wine on your original bouquet.
3. Bruised or ripe fruit
You can also use a rotten or ripe fruit to make a fruit snare trap, such as apple circles and red wine traps.
- Put several mature or decaying fruits in a glass jar to the bottom of a glass jar.
- Cover the mouth of the jar with nylon and open nail holes with a toothpick or fork.
- Place the jar somewhere near the wrist.
- A few hours later, you will see the jar filled with flies. For the flies to fly back, dip the jar in a bucket filled with warm soapy water for 10 minutes and stand.
- Repeat the method as required.
4. Lemon Essential Oil
You can use lemon oil to remove the wrists from your home. This oil does not kill existing nymphs but can be used as a preventive measure.
- Pour 2 cups of hot water into a clean spray bottle.
- Add 10 to 15 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Put the mixture on the sides of the yard plants on the kitchen counter. You can even fill it with a spray bottle.
This homemade spray is effective on spiders and ants.
5. Lemon Flavored Liquid Dishwashing Detergent
Lemon-scented detergents are an effective option to get rid of indoor gnats. Lemon scent will attract mosquito bites and soap will kill them.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon-scented liquid dish soap in 4 glasses of water.
- Transfer the mixture to a spray bottle.
- To get rid of the gnats, you can spray on the spray plants.
- Finally, you can clean the leaves and roots with clean water.
6. Milk, Sugar, and Pepper
Another tried and tested method on fruit nectars is the homemade milk, sugar, and black pepper salmon. The mixture attracts the fruit flies and strangles them.
- Add 2 cups of milk, 4 tablespoons of black pepper, and 8 tablespoons of sugar to a pot.
- Bake for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and place it where the flies are most intense.
- When the dish is filled with flies, pour and wash inside.
- Repeat the method as needed.
You can use the mosquito to get rid of gnats that are infested with wives. The sweet smell attracts mosquito bites and prevents the sticky texture from escaping.
- Put a toothpick on one side of a brightly colored card.
- Put a thin layer of honey on the other side of the card.
- Place the card where the gnats are intense.
- When the card is completely filled with dead gnats, change to new.
8. Vegetable Oil
You can use vegetable oil to get rid of gnats that have infested kitchen countertops.
- Pour 4 cups of vegetable oil into a bowl. Cover with a band-aid.
- Open holes with toothpicks on the band.
- Leave one night like this.
- The next morning, take off the band. You will see mosquito bites stuck on the band.
- Repeat the procedure for a few days.
If flies accumulate around the kitchen or bathroom sink, it is a good choice to try bleach.
- Remove everything in the sink.
- Put a cup of bleach in the sink.
- Stir in hot water using eye and mouth protection.
- Wipe the sink thoroughly with this water.
Note: toxic fumes can be harmful to health, do not mix ammonia and bleach.
10. Keep Your Cookie Clean
Keep your kitchens clean to prevent fruit flies and gnats from entering your home.
- Avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink, especially at night.
- Use closed garbage cans.
- Do not leave garbage bags in the house at night.
- Wipe the cover and surfaces of the garbage containers with a disinfectant solution.
- Clean the sinks immediately.
- Do not allow the kitchen counter or other surfaces to become wet.
- Close food containers tightly.
- Eat the fruits and vegetables you bring home as soon as possible. Keep the rest in the fridge.
- Seal the bread bags tightly.
- Clean the waters that accumulate in pots of indoor plants.
- Throw out old flowers and greenery in the vase.
- Close all cracks in the door and window.
- If necessary, purchase a mosquito trap to get rid of gnats and fruit nuggets.
- Do not forget that humid environments are ideal for gnats.
How to Get Rid of Gnats with Natural Ways
1- Gnats do not like the smell of carnations, orange peel, or lavender oil, and they do not want to stop in those areas. Fill a spray bottle with water and add a few drops of lavender oil. Tuck in the room where you do not want gnats to enter.
2-If you put bunches of carnations in the bedroom and in various parts of the house you have not allowed the flies to approach.
3-If you like to look at flowers, you should definitely grow a basil plant at home. They are also very uncomfortable with the smell of fresh basil.
4-You can prepare mosquito nets or a mixture of mint oil, tea tree oil, eucalyptus, and water, you can drive gnats by spraying or creams.
5-Use a sodium lamp to light the gardens and balconies. Sodium lamps allow you to save money by spending less electricity and also remove the sharpness from that area.
6-If you have a garden, garlic, rosemary, and velvet flowers are planted. They do not like this plant smell ever. If you do not have a garden, you can grow your small balcony into your little pot.
How to make Natural Gnats Sprey
2 glasses of water, 4 drops of lavender oil, 1-2 drops of Indian lemon (it may be difficult to find it if it is not the face), some mint oil or fresh mint, a piece of rosemary, and sage.
Put all materials in a container and mix. Filter with a sieve or gauze and fill the bottle with a spray. After waiting a while, you can squeeze your body and protect yourself from the spirits.
This mixture is a natural insect repellent used not only for gnats but also for removing many insects. You can use gnats and gnats in marshes such as Yakarca, Bit, Flea, Leaf bits, Flying Ant, Centipede, and Bee.
How to get rid of gnats in the house
How can we remove gnats from the house except for the drugs? Although we did not have a specific answer to this question, we were thinking about the precautions we could take, so let’s take a look now.
1- Close windows and doors depending on the sun
During the day, passive gnats leave the places where they are stored and become active. The quickest measure for the flies passing by a kindling with the sunset of the sun is to close the windows and doors in the air.
Moreover, if you live by the river, you will have to deal with more flies. Of course, it is not possible to grab the windows and doors nowadays when the temperatures have increased excessively, but you may be able to eliminate the warmth with cooling appliances such as ventilators.
2- Open the windows, but close the curtains
As we said in the first chapter, if you are too hot in your house, and can not close the doors and windows, you can open the windows at least with the curtains pulled. Of course, it is not possible to solve the problem completely, but at least the curtain can reduce the mosquito problem.
In addition, keep the lights of the windows you keep open, if possible, or keep them at a low level. Because gnats will come to light sources more often.
3- Special measures for bed
When we enter the bed at night, it is tortured to sleep because of the flies that are buzzing in the ears of our ears. Moreover, it is uncomfortable with sound. At the same time, an itchy night awaits us because of the mosquito nest.
It is not peaceful and restful, but sleep is nervous and stressful. To change this familiar scenario, you can think of buying a mosquito net for your bed. Being a very practical solution will make your bed look romantic.
4- Place plants around your house
Did you know that there are plants spraying mosquito nets? gnats stay away from plants like eucalyptus, lemon, and cloves. So you can enjoy the open air while nursing your nets by placing plants like this in open spaces like the garden and the balcony. Of course, there are things you can do for the interior.
For example, you can use aromatic spices like room spray, candles or incense. Flies do not like this kind of smell. It is also possible to miss the nets by spreading garlic or garlic powder in areas such as the balcony. Yes, it is a surprising fact; there are things that little creatures do not like.
5- Soft lighting
Gnats do not use sight senses very much. It is the light and smell that attract them to your house. For this reason, one way of escaping gnats is to use aromatic odors and the other way is to soften the light sources. It is possible to shoot two birds in one stone by choosing scented candles instead of strong lamps.
6- Providing fresh air circulation
Because the gnats are very mildly animated, they are not able to fly well in the presence of any air current. In short, you can remove the wrists from your home by opening a fan or bringing a deliberate flow of air.
How to make Gnats Trap
We take 200 ml of water, 50 g of brown sugar, 1 packet of yeast, and one or two-liter coke bottles.
First, cut the plastic bottle (if it is filled) from the exact center to the top. Then mix the brown sugar with warm water and wait for it to cool down. From the moment you turn it down, put it in the bottom of the bottle you have cut.
Then add the yeast at the time you add sugar again (no need to mix). Place the other part of the bottle we have cut (with the lid in the lid) upside down on top of the other bottle in the form of a funnel.
Then tape the area where the two intersect with black tape and put it in a corner of your house. You will be surprised when you see the amount of dead mosquitos in the bottle days later. You can use this method in many enclosed areas. So you can easily get rid of gnats with your own means.
How to get rid of gnats outside
Here we have compiled natural mosquito repellent methods for you, which will provide you with a win until you finally resist.
1. If you have a garden of your own, it is useful to plant these plants.
Catmint plant :
The catmint plant herb, which has a strong smell, does not just disappear with mosquito repellents, but it is also used in insecticides. A plant that you can grow in your garden with easy care and structure.
Sometimes known as mosquito, the pseudo-melissa does not bring mosquito bites with a strong citrus scent. This plant is also used in Asian food. It is known that it is the feature of passing stomach aches and sore throat. You can also easily raise a liar.
Feline Mint :
It has been found that the cat nane, a plant attached to the nail, is more effective than many fly pills. It is also very easy to grow.
The rosemary grown as a renewable plant also removes gnats from its smell.
Make sure there are no water spots in your garden. Stagnant waters are the habitat of gnats. Clean the rainfalls on your roof regularly. Take care that no water accumulates in the bottom of the pots.
2. Get fresh basil in the room.
The smell of basil removes mosquito repellents. If you put a potted basil or a pinch of basil in your head, your room will not come with a sharp fly.
3. Do not wear dark clothes.
Gnats usually see dark colors as shelter. If you keep dark objects in your home, the gnats will not be bothered by you.
4. Put a glass of vinegar inside the window next to it
The strong smell will not bring the nappies closer and will not let them in.
5. If it does not disturb the smell, you can protect it from the flies by dividing the garlic or onion into two and putting it in your head.
6. Eat plenty of vitamin C every day.
Vitamin C is a vitamin that can dissolve in water, so it does not accumulate in your body, it prevents excessive sweating, and gnats also hate it.
Feed with vitamin B-rich foods such as lentils, almonds, and mushrooms.
You should stay away from salty foods and potatoes. Because lactic acid attracts mosquito bites towards you.
7. Hang a bag of water on your lamp
In a method that has been seen and proven successful by our Blacksea citizens; the material needed is 1 piece of a bag of water and a burning lamp in our house. A bag filled with water is left hanging on the ceiling right next to our burning torso with its mouth connected. Very interesting, gnats are not approaching this area.
8. Natural mosquito repellent 1: Super Strong Dislocator
1 cup of apple juice, 1 pinch of Dried Sage, Rosemary, Lavender, Thyme, and Mint, 1 glass jar with cap
Put the glass kavanoza vinegar and herbs, and tightly close your mouth. Keep in the fridge, shaking for 2 weeks each day. 2. At the end of the week you can infuse the herbs and dilute the remaining liquid halfway to the skin with peace of mind.
9. Natural mosquito repellent 2: Mint Lemon Spray
1 cup of water, 5 drops of lemon oil, 10 drops of basil or mint oil
Put all ingredients into the bottle and rinse and apply to the skin to protect from gnats.
10. Natural mosquito repellent 3: Carnation with lemon
1 immature lemon or lime lemon, 10 cloves
Dilute the immature lemon in the palm of your hand. Cut into two, insert the carnations into the middle, and place it in the middle of the table. The gnats will not approach your room because they do not like the smell of lemon and clove essence.
Seven Ways to get rid of Gnats:
1-) “Listerine”, a product we use as a mouthwash, is an effective material for removing mosquito nets. The antibacterial substances in it prevent gnats from approaching us. It can be used safely because it is a natural product. Squeeze your body as a spray and you can sit safely outdoors.
2-) Another method of protection proposed by a Swedish peasant and announced with the approval of its experts is garlic … Rolf Lunden pours garlic oil around the so-called Swedish peasant house, and on this side, he manages to keep the gnats about fifty meters away. In this case, it is possible to say that garlic oil protects outdoor areas such as gardens and balconies. There is a benefit to try.
3-) A number of special solutions that you can prepare yourself are also effective in combating gnats. For example; The lotion, which you will get by mixing in cat nectarine oil (or you can use mint oil), tea tree oil, eucalyptus essence, or extract in water, is a mosquito bite known both naturally and contentedly. Day and night, you can comfortably apply this lotion to your body and be protected from mosquitos.
4-) Another solution to get rid of the mosquitos is the recipe; lavender oil (4 drops), Indian lemon (a few drops), mint oil, rosemary, and sage plants in two glasses of water. You can use this mixture to get rid of gnats as well as bits, fleas, fangs, bees, forty feet, or even aphids.
5-) Another way to remove mosquito bugs from your area is to burn candles. But every candle does not remove every mosquito. In this case, it is necessary to prefer candles and candles which contain citronella. The gnats do not like the smell of citronella and leave the environment where they hear. If you can find it, you can use citronella oil or you can even put it in the blood circulation points of your body from this oil.
6-) Like citronella oil, vanilla is an unpleasant smell of gnats. Driving vanilla on the points, throat, and pulse on the blood circulation makes you sleep away from gnats.
7-) There are also some plants you can grow in your garden and balcony to get rid of the mosquitos. The smell of garlic, rosemary, and velvet flowers will remove the mosquitos. In addition, throwing a piece of sage and rosemary into a barbecue while making a barbecue will also allow gnats to move away.
How to catch gnats? Gnats Trap
Mosquito Catch is a simple but effective way of killing escape techniques and ways. The sharp fly season is opening. We will teach you to make a simple mosquito trap. It will be a project you want to use at home, at work, and even in all places around you.
200 milliliters of water.
50 gr brown sugar.
1 package yeast (bread yeast that is found in any supermarket grocery store) and a 2-liter plastic cola bottle ale cola.
How is it done?
1. Cut the plastic bottle as shown.
2. Mix brown sugar with warm water. Wait for your chills. pour it into the lower half of the bottle when it gets cold.
3. Add the thread. There is no need to mix. Create carbon dioxide.
4. Place the other half of the bottle in a funnel shape upside down.
5. Cover it with something black (tape) and place it in a corner of your home.
Two weeks later you will see the pointed fly and the dead pointed fly in the bottle.
How to Avoid Gnats?
Mosquito bites also cause unwanted skin problems such as itching and scarring. Protecting the gnats with natural methods is possible with the products in your closet. Here are the natural ways of getting rid of mosquitos.
1-Wear light clothes
If you wear dark dresses because the gnats see the dark colors as their special areas, your side is more likely to suffer. Light-colored clothes always work.
2-Pour vinegar in front of the window
If you put a glass of water with vinegar in front of your window, the gnats will walk away from your room. Vinegar acts as a powerful mosquito repellent.
3-Stay away from lactic acid foods
Try not to consume this kind of food as the potassium-containing foods and salty foods allow the gnats to be drawn towards you.
4-B and C vitamins
B is rich in vitamins and vitamin C nutrients from food groups that gnats do not like very much. The gnats stay away from you if you consume food with these vitamins.
You can easily get rid of gnats by filling a glass of water with a little bit of mint and a little lemon juice. You can keep the gnats away from yourself by driving this mixture to your body if you wish.
6-Do not miss the roundabout
You can leave it on your table by dividing the garlic or onion into halves. The sharp-smelling garlic and onion serve as a wonderful mosquito repellent.
7-Attention to water deposits
The water accumulates at the top of the areas frequented by gnats. Do not allow your garden and your house to be cleaned regularly to prevent the accumulation of water.
8-House rosemary crop
If you have a garden, rosemary plants are among the plants that remove the smell of gnats. You can plant war with mosquitos by planting a rosemary plant in the garden.
9-Grow a false balm
Pseudo-balm has a sharp smell. This plant, which removes gnats with its smell, is grown by many people because it is easy to grow.
10-Take frequent showers
Gnats come on sweat and wet skin more often. To prevent this, take care to keep your skin dry and take frequent showers.
11-Carnation crops into green lemon
If you put the pieces of carnation into the lemons by dividing the green lemon into halves, you will notice that the gnats do not come to your room after a while.
12-Use natural oils
You can use vanilla oil, lemon oil or tea tree oil as soothing against mosquito bites. It is also possible to mix these oils with water and use them as a spray.