Athletes are also getting injuries while they are exercising or practicing their sport. This isn’t just us, the normal people, that are struggling with injuries. They are also struggling with muscle, joint pain, and even stress. The question is how they are able to put the pain aside for their next event.
They are going for sports acupuncture. This is assisting them with all the muscle pain and tiredness that they are struggling with as well. Before you are considering acupuncture, you need to make sure that you know everything there is to know about this procedure. It’s something you want to know about before you just go to get needles put into your skin.
What is sports acupuncture?
You might have heard about sport acupuncture before and are interested in knowing how it works. Or, you are an athlete struggling with injuries and you are considering this procedure. But, you need to know more about acupuncture first.
Sport acupuncture is a combination of orthopedic treatments with Eastern medicine techniques. This is to treat injuries and disorders that athletes and active people are struggling with. A professional that is doing acupuncture needs to know everything about your motor and trigger points through the ancient medical system.
With this treatment, you can instantly relax tight muscles or strengthen weak muscles. It will also help injured muscles to heal a lot faster. Not many people are excited about acupuncture because of the needles that are inserted into various places on the body.
The benefits of this type of acupuncture
Besides relaxing your muscles, what are the benefits of getting sport acupunctures on a regular basis? There are actually a couple of benefits that you need to know about before you decline an offer of acupuncture.
• It will reduce injury rehabilitation time. Meaning that your injuries will heal a lot faster.
• Assist with a better range of joint and muscle motion. Meaning that your muscles will be able to work harder before an injury occurs.
• It will lighten the pain and inflammation caused by overworking your muscles and joints.
• You will have an increase in muscle strength and function. Letting you perform a lot better.
• The most important benefit is that it will increase endurance and performance on the field.
Different ways on how it works
There are different ways in how the sport acupuncture works to provide pain and inflammation relief. These are the different methods on how acupuncture works, that you can get from Northcote acupuncture specialists.
• Motor point acupuncture. This is western science that reduces pain and inflammation. Motor points are located in a muscle where nerve injunctions are located. These are the most electrical-charged areas where acupuncture will be most effective.
• Trigger points. This is Eastern medicine where the pain exists in the body or where inflammation is taking place. This is basically the area where you have the injury. A trigger point can be a result of an acute injury, wear and tear injuries or even just an energy blockage.
• Besides doing acupuncture, they are also doing cupping. This is just as common in athletes and just as effective acupuncture as well. It is known that cupping is assisting you in clearing toxins and reducing inflammation. When you receive cupping, you might receive some herbal ointments or oils and patches that you can use at home, on the infected area.
Getting it from the most experienced professional is essential
One essential piece of information you need to know is that you will need to get your sports acupuncture from an experienced professional. You can’t just go to the first and best person for acupuncture. If it isn’t done correctly, it will cause more harm than good.
You need to make sure that you take the time to search for a professional that has qualifications and experience in sport acupuncture and cupping. This is the only way that you will get the benefits from this treatment.
It is also a good idea to know that this isn’t a treatment that will work with the first session. This is something that you need to do on a regular basis for you to see a difference in your body. To get more flexible muscles and to relieve pain from inflammation and injury.
It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced sportsman, or if you are just doing sport for fun.
If you have had an injury before, you will know that this can cause serious delays in doing sport again. This is why many people are considering sports acupuncture. This is effective and relatively painless to do. You will see and feel results after just a couple of sessions. However, you will need to make sure that you are going to the most experienced person and not the cheapest one you could find on the internet.