Discover the building blocks of Self Power and refuse to be the victim.
The Metaphysical Aspects of Self Power
Power is a broad reference to the ability to effect change or exert control over people, subjects, or objects. Self-power or self-empowerment is the ability to “enlighten,” “enhance” and “educate” yourself to become a better human being.
This is one of the highest forms of spiritual consciousness we can give ourselves. Improving our way of communicating, appreciating, and honoring who we are, gives us special gifts such as gratitude, self-esteem, and a sense of being grounded.
As empowered beings, we have the opportunity to remind ourselves of our selflessness, our humanity, and our endless source of energy we can tap into. Here you can discover the building blocks of self-power. Refuse to be the victim.
Change Creates Self Power
If we choose to focus our attention on the negative around us, we will be that negativity. If we choose to focus our attention on doing what we can’t do, we will surely not do the things we can.
If we choose to focus our attention on being a victim, we will remain a victim. To empower your spirit and create your true self, you must change your thoughts and the feelings around them.
Change is inevitable. Our lives are made up of the building blocks of change. Change creates the person we must grow to be. Change happens for a reason to That reason is to allow us possibilities we may not have seen in the first place. This can be traumatic, or it can be less so.
The single most important point you can make about change is that in most cases it’s not what faces you. That’s the problem; it’s how you react to it. How do you react is determined by how you perceive a change? The Chinese word for crisis is “weiji.” Two characters that separately mean danger and opportunity. Every problem we encounter in life can be viewed that way. It is a chance to show that we can handle it. Changing the way, you think, can change a life of stress and discomfort to a life of challenge and excitement.
Change shows itself in many forms. The move to a different career, by choice or not, the loss of a loved one, the loss of a relationship, the move to a new home or simply the change in the weather and how we feel.
It is important to embrace the transition. Struggling, kicking and screaming, and dragging your heels will only prolong trying to control the uncontrollable. Learn to recognize strengths you may have overlooked. Embrace optimism and reform your old belief system. Honor the new you, which you are transforming into.
Here are ten ways to embrace change and own your Self Power:
1. Often, in any situation, we must take the quiet time to be with ourselves to observe this change. How is it going to affect me? Better yet, how am I going to let it affect me? What am I going to do to get through this? Allow the answers to come to you in your quiet time.
2. Take everything one day at a time. Sometimes situations can become overwhelming when looking at the big picture. Again, take your quiet time to observe the moment. Allow yourself to take all the time, take all the space, and to grasp the change.
3. Breathe. Deep breathing allows us to open our chest and expand. It clears our minds and bodies of toxins and should be used as a tool for change. Allow the breath to cleanse you and make room for change. Make room for something different.
4. Support. We are always put at ease when we have support behind us. In these vulnerable moments, we can find strength in others. If you have a good friend, a family member, a loved one, or a community group that you can turn to, do so. Be sure that this support comes from a positive, unbiased source. Otherwise, it can be more damaging than good. Rest assured, there have been others who have gone through what you are experiencing right now. See if you can take away with you some of their positive pearls of wisdom.
5. Love Yourself. You are the true source of your own happiness. You have to live within yourself. You have to be at peace within yourself. Only you can do that. Only you can make that happen. We each have our own way of being with ourselves, but there is only one way to be at ease with your soul. That is to love yourself, always.
6. Our Belief System is one of the major factors that can get us through situations or can cause our life to crumble around us. I do believe that there is a lot of innate goodness and balancing our minds do subconsciously to get us through hard times. The other portion of this is how we “program” ourselves to deal with any given situation.
7. Let go of the Ego. Embracing peace of mind, optimism, the ability to forgive, and a sense of humor are all good ways to allow the ego to step aside and make room for some humble pie.
8. Allow Emotional Release. Identifying, expressing, experiencing, and accepting all of our feelings is your doorway to accepting all changes in your life.
9. Be Flexible. You have a rigid, mindset about work, relationships, kids or your lifestyle. Life will bring us challenges we do not see coming. It is important to be able to adjust and learn as we grow. Our adaptability needs a sense of willingness to let go. By lowering our expectations, it reveals an openness to accept.
10. There Is No Security in something irrelevant or no longer has meaning. When we let go of the familiar, we have the power to embrace the new. Embrace it.
Crystals Associated with our Self Power Center
The Solar Plexus Chakra represents Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition. This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power. The color of this chakra is yellow. Yellow is very good for getting in touch with your power and to build confidence. It is your center of will.
Consider these 5 stones when working with Self Power:
Amber: Amber can add stability to your life… Helpful in clearing up depression and bringing about a positive mental state. Useful as memory assistance, which makes it a good stone for studying. Amber is used for past life work, divination, and scrying. It aligns mental and emotional bodies via its deep orange and yellow color. Amber is an Aura cleanser. It assists in bringing our higher vibrations in order, dispersing negative energy and clears the surrounding environment. Amber is the stone, which brings about altruism and great wisdom. Amber is known to attract luck, calm energies, attract love, inspire change and improve wisdom.
Citrine: Considered the merchant stone, citrine is very versatile and is used for mental and emotional clarity, problem-solving, memory issues, will power, optimism, confidence, and self-discipline. It reduces anxiety, fear, and depression. An energizing and highly beneficial crystal, citrine absorbs, transmutes, grounds and dissolves negative energy, which makes it a very protective stone. Citrine crystals are invigorating and positive. They can surround and fill anyone with its brilliant color, energizing every aspect of life.
Tiger’s Eye: Used historically for bringing more luck into your life. This stone is most recognized for attracting money, psychic protection, courage, confidence, willpower, clear thinking and speaking to show us the personal power in life that we have. Very versatile for the Yellow/Solar Plexus Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, and Crown Chakra. The root of our intuition is from our Solar Plexus. The “gut feeling” is what’s considered the root, while our Third Eye receives the vision. Tiger’s Eye works on our mental plane by amplifying thinking and manifesting what you think about. It helps separate thoughts from feelings, more centered, less emotional.
Yellow Sapphire: This aluminum oxide corundum stone is found in several beautiful colors (except red) from blue, green, pink, purple to clear. It is related to a ruby due to its mineral makeup. Sapphires are known as the stone of prophetic wisdom. They have a long-standing use in history. It is a stone of strength and gives great will power. These stones lessen tension and align the mental, physical, and spiritual planes. They can be an important stone for people with spiritual confusion or depression, those involved in situations out of their control, and anyone with concentration problems.
Yellow Jasper: Yellow Jasper can be used at the Solar Plexus Chakra and represents Fire, Ego identity, and is oriented to self-definition. This stone can be used to reduce travel sickness. Yellow is very good for getting in touch with your power and to build confidence. It is your center of will. Yellow stones are considered projecting stones and are used to strengthen consciousness and courage.
Originally Published: omtimes.com